This year has started off a little rough. I honestly do not feel well. I am not sure if it is stress, fatigue, or I have caught some type of bug but my energy wanes and I feel like I just need weeks of rest. AS I sat thinking about my depleted energy and praying that God will give me the extra bit that I need I felt overwhelmed with what He has done and then started looking around at how He is working in the lives of people around me. God is so very faithful, even when we are in a desert place - He finds us there. So just a note of encouragement. If you are feeling down - not quite 100% and feeling a bit discouraged - do not Fear! He is with you and His promises are everlasting. What can you praise him for today, regardless of where you are at right now? Here is a short list I compiled for myself:
- Steve has had a complete health turn around since having his tooth pulled. His color and energy is back and his blood pressure and sugar counts are back to normal!
- Drew turned 19 - ADUH! - he is back in his second semester of school and says he is "getting this college thing figured out" He sees the future and the positive possibilities on the horizon.
- Ali is visiting Drew in a week or so! So grateful she is getting this opportunity! God has really blessed Drew with a young woman who really does care for him. Praying continually for their relationship!
- Tori is 15 - when did I start getting so old? - She is beautiful, both inside and out. She has a huge heart and loves God. I am blessed beyond measure to have her as my daughter.
- The Durham family has returned safely to America - they still have quite a journey ahead dealing with David's cancer, but God has been present through their journey thus far and to watch it has been amazing. I am grateful for their friendship and God's allowance to watch Him work in their lives.
- Reba has asked me to help hold her accountable in some specific areas of her life. Praise God that she knows what God wants from her and is willing to be humble enough to work through it! She is such an example to me!
- Molly Evans is leaving today for Thailand on quite an adventure. She has been such a testimony to me in her commitment to go wherever God leads. She doesn't have a lot of details, but knows God is in control and is walking the path opened handed, one step at a time.
- My husband is getting ready to celebrate his 39th birthday! The last 17 1/2 years of my life has been an unexpected blessing. I wasn't looking when I found him, but God gave him to me anyway. We have had quite the roller coaster ride over the past 17 1/2 years but God has been present each step of the way. We are stronger, but still learning and I am blessed to have such an amazing man in my life.
I could sit and go on and on, but this is just enough to make me smile and completely forget how tired I am - it rejuvenates me and gives me the extra bit I need to do what lies before me. If you have not listed blessings in your life in a while I challenge you to pull out a pen and paper and do that now. Then pour over that paper - beaming - knowing how much God loves you. He wants to provide good things in your life. He wants to provide opportunity to build you up and make you stronger - even though it may sometimes be painful. Glorify Him in your journey. He has a plan to prosper you and bring you hope. (Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.)
Although it may seem difficult to see through the storms in our life He is building you up for a better, stronger tomorrow. So that you may serve Him more fully. (Job 8:7 Your beginnings will seem humble, so prosperous will your future be.)
Stay rooted in God's Word and in your faithful love and trust in His way. Those with deep roots will reap great reward! (Psalm 1:3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.)
Know that we all feel tired, weak. We all have moments that cause us to question if we can go on. Remember though - He is faithful, He loves us furiously without hesitation our condition, He wants to see us prosper in His name. Glorify the King today! Thank Him for your trials - seek Him in your storms - find Him in your moments of weakness. Know you are loved and secure in His arms. Keep an eternal perspective.
Much love friends!